Community Mental Health
Community Works represents BasicNeeds in Australia.
Community Works represents BasicNeeds in Australia. We are delighted to be partners to the Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre and to enjoy ongoing collaboration with Orygen Youth Health, in which BasicNeeds Kenya and BasicNeeds Laos are also involved.
The BasicNeeds Model for Mental Health and Development is a significant part of our work in this field. For the organisation, we have
• Designed and managed international training programs, especially in Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Indonesia, India and Bangladesh
• Developed partnerships and proposals for new work
• Supported the development of new and pilot programs, especially in Asia and Latin America
• Prepared publications that highlight lessons drawn from the work of BasicNeeds
• Contributed to the growth of social franchises in community mental health and development.
In addition, Community Works has provided services to eight organisations working in the fields of mental health or epilepsy, either through BasicNeeds or independently.